Monday 1 May 2017

Day 13 - Linear Regression and Correlation Coefficient

While students had done a linear regression in the past, they did not remember it and they did not do it on the Ti-Nspires. So today we worked through completing a regression, what all the variables mean and what the correlation coefficient was and how it worked:


They worked through it well, but it is lucky I have a small class and could wander while they were working. I don't have an emulator on my computer, which doesn't help, but also, I find that even with an emulator, if students miss a step, they get lost. It is easiest for me to walk around and physically see that they are following along.

Students did follow the steps and the practice went well. I know that it stuck because students needed to do it later in the cycle and remembered how to use the calculator. The work on the correlation coefficient was also well done. The first part of the practice is shown above, but the rest is:


Students were a little nervous at first, but it went well. I am finally getting better at lessons involving graphing calculators! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment