Monday 8 May 2017

Cycle 3 Day 1 - Surveys and Bias

We spent two days on the Cycle Project. I have yet to mark it. Students did not work well in class and so are finishing it on their own time during their MSIP.  However, onwards we go!

Today we started the Reporter Project (premise - the student is a reporter and they have to do some analysis of statistics and also make graphs etc.). We started this unit with talking about surveys and bias.



I had a powerpoint that went through the definitions and from that, students filled out page one and two.

Students then had questions to answer:


Students seemed to understand this well. They easily answered questions in class. I am noticing that students are starting to lose attention. We have over a month left! I need to find a way to keep them motivated. Anyone have any ideas? Activities have so far worked with this group but I only have so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment