Thursday 27 April 2017

Day 07 - The Cosine Law

What comes after the Sine Law? The Cosine Law!!

I started the class discussing the last question of the Sine Law homework where students had to decide whether or not they could use the Sine Law for a particular question. Then we discussed what you need to use the Sine Law. Then we were ready to get into the Cosine Law.


When I started this, I told them that if they only wanted to memorize one equation, they could memorize only the top equation. However, when I showed finding an angle both ways, most students decided that memorizing the second equation was worth it. (Though, I would like to point out, not all, so it was worth going through more than one solution).

I left students to work on the problems as their homework. Now that they know I am going to collect more, they did more. We did do problem #2 together. I wanted to talk about the angles and how the directions work.


No comments:

Post a Comment