Wednesday 22 March 2017

Day 22, 23 - Cycle Review

We are finally at the end of Cycle 1! Today we reviewed what we have covered to prepare for the first project. I made a Powerpoint Presentation with review questions, and students worked through them at the White Boards around the room. (Yes I know that the buzzword is "vertical non-permanent surfaces" but let's be real - these are white boards or blackboards! Geez. Anyway.) Students worked in pairs and on the harder questions, pairs got together.

This worked really well for about 2/3 of the class time. I think I needed to put a break in there and then try to get them to come back. Some students worked well the whole period, but others gave up. Having the students standing and working on stuff I could see definitely worked better than having students work at their desk, but working for an hour requires more concentration on math than they have yet.

I won't be posting for a while because this review will take a couple of days and Wednesday of this week I will be missing most of the class due to Heights Training for their SHSM certification. On this day the students who are here will be working on resubmitting work to improve their grades.  All the best folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment