Tuesday 21 March 2017

Day 21 - Linear, Quadratic or Exponential?

Welcome back from March Break! I hope that everyone is happy and healthy, and also celebrated Pi Day.

Today I snuck some abstract math into my cycle by examining whether the relationships that we had been studying in finance (i.e. renting, annuities etc.) contained linear, quadratic or exponential growth:


This lesson was quite easy for the students. It was a fairly gentle way to bring them back from the March Break. Most of the students finished the work before the class was done:


This was the last lesson before this cycle is done. It was a really long cycle. I find the first cycle was long last semester as well when I taught grade 9 applied using spiraling because you have so much to cover to give the broad strokes of the course with a few specifics. I am not sure if this is always the case but I might try to shorten it next time a bit.

We will spend a few days on review (with one day where most of the class will be missing due to Heights Training) and then the students will work on the final project of this cycle.

Onward ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment