Thursday 9 March 2017

Day 19 - Budgeting

Today we discussed budgeting. I started with students writing down their first thoughts about budgets:



Once they had worked on their own, they did a think, pair, share. We then discussed definitions and did a couple examples:


Their work was to make corrections to their original budgets.

The students are done their mortgage mini-projects and we have a few small topics to discuss before a "unit summative" (or cycle summative really). Almost there! Unfortunately we are almost at March Break, so the timing was not perfect, and I am finding that this cycle is long because I have a lot to cover in this one for the project summative that I had planned. However, we will make it work! Part of it is that I have to get used to much longer stretches between true summative assessments. I am used to having around 8 in a semester, and that gets cut in half when spiralling.  Anyway, almost March Break! I hope that everyone out there is well! (And enjoy Pi Day on March 14! I have only one more chance to remind you -- most of my class is gone to an auto show on Friday, so I have Thursday's lesson and that's it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment